“Art is not the reflection of reality, it is the reality of reflection” (Godard)
Floral Paintings | Atmospheric Landscapes |Turbulent Seascapes |
Carry van Delft (1949) international artist, lives and works in Leidschendam and in central France. In her landscapes, flower scenes and seascapes, she shows the essence of her experience that can be felt by the viewer. It is a search for her own world in which the works are a metaphor for personal emotions. The work balances between abstract and figurative art.
Contemporary Colorful Florals
These works show both flowery fragments and blooming garden and field impressions. Either painted explosively, or in a calmer setting. She allows herself to be carried away by the expressiveness of color and light.
The landscapes show changing weather patterns and atmospheric conditions. Expressive or sometimes tranquil. The special atmosphere is often created by her fascination with the light that shows the mood of a landscape or scene. This reveals a nature that touches and inspires us.
(Turbulent) Abstract Seascapes
The recent seascapes are painted and displayed in varying weather conditions. Raw and overwhelming as the water can be with howling wind, high splashing waves or an ominously dark sky, but also the coast at calmer moments.
Since 2003 she has been a versatile visual artist with numerous exhibitions at home and abroad. Works can be found at art rental, companies and private collectors in the Netherlands, France, Germany, Belgium, Australia and Italy.
‘Places that we consciously perceive in nature usually never leave us indifferent. They linger in our minds. With my work I want to evoke memories of certain places where you can wander through moments of our magical nature.
Carry van Delft, International Contemporary Artist.
Member of BBK (Union of Professional Visual Artists Netherlands)
Registered with the Dutch Institute for Art History ( R.K.D.)
Registered with the Chamber of Commerce Rotterdam
Visual Arts (1993-1998) – Art History (2009-2011) | Photography | Classic Piano/Vocal | Languages: |Engl | Ger| Fre | Ital | Past : US and NL Business.
See the ‘Contact’ page.
Publications – Reviews
- La Montagne, newspaper mid France. Aug. 2022. Exhibition “La Galerie”, Boussac, Frankrijk.
- Vlaardingen Newspaper May 2019
- Newspaper ViaGennep september 2018 exhibition Museum het Petershuis
- Museum het Petershuis Gennep
- Newspaper De Limburger September 2018
- Uitagenda Liefde voor Limburg article Petershuis Museum exhibition – september 2018
- Review Lida Bonnema – art critic – june 2018
- De Kunstkrant (Peperart) available at galleries, museums and art institutions in the Netherlands.
- PeperArt Art Expo.Work projected on Billboards Antwerp.
- Magazine ‘Maison en France‘2017
- Atelier (en route) Magazine exhibitions Sept. 2017 (PeperArt)
- Velvenoir 2017 Salzburg – Serious Pursuits History reimagined -Curated by A.Collins
- Passion never Retires (Passie Passioneert Nooit) – interview (dutch) January 2017.
- Velvenoir Art Magazine Salzburg Oostenrijk december 2016
- “The Bugle” August 2016 ( english newspaper) Exhibition “Floribunda” Galerie Boussac, France
- La Montagne, newspaper mid-France, August 2016, exhibition Floribunda
- Newspaper “Echo du Berry” France, Exhibition ‘Floribunda” la Galerie Boussac August 2016
- Weekly newspaper Vlaardingen – January 6th 2016, general interview/ Art Square Amsterdam
- Magazine “Maison en France”, edition March 2015, exhib. Coeur de France, Ainay le Vieil
- Newspaper Algemeen Dagblad title “A born artist ” (exhibition “Berliner Liste”). Sept. 2014.
- Website Carry van Delft archived by the Royal Dutch Library as ‘digital heritage’ 2013
- Publication in the Art Guide E-Book Fransastic.Dec.2013
- BBK Krant (Professional Association journal)- Art Award Nomination 2012
- Review “Il Giornale della Fiera”, Italian newspaper in the Netherlands
- Catalogue Biënnale Internationale dell’Arte di Firenze, book 600 worldwide artists.
- Art Magazine “Het Palet “- 4 pages ” Carry’s van Delft Poetry in Colour” published 1 Dec. 2011
- Vlaardingen Newspaper- Nov. 23, 2011 – Art in Italy.
- Algemeen Dagblad 22 nov.2011, Art in Italy.
- Registrated for “Bob Verbiest Culture Award 2011
- Province (district of)Zuid Holland-website ‘levedemolens’- activity calender May 2011
- Groot Vlaardingen newspaper – National Millday Vlaardingen May 14th 2011
- Groot Vlaardingen newspaper 8 dec. 2010- Publication in Artists Yearbook 2011
- Algemeen Dagblad November 23, 2010 – Art in Italy.
- Yearbook of Dutch Artists 2011 – page publication.
- Noord Hollands Dagblad 20 Sept.2010 – by Lida Bonnema, art critic.
- AD Newspaper August 19th, 2010 – “Nomination National Art Day A’dam”
- AD Newspaper July 14th, 2010, Vlaardingen Aeolus Mill Project
- AD Newspaper, Article ‘Even Vragen Aan’, May 11th, 2010
- Kunstweek -Book “Art in the Netherlands”, 50 artists showing their work, May 2010
- Opera Gallery Budapest: book “Contemporary Art Exhibition by Selected Dutch Artists 2009″”
- AD Newspaper 2008 – Rotterdam Newspaper 2005 – interviews
- Vlaardingse Kunst en Cultuurgids
Website Carry van Delft archived by the Royal Dutch Library as ‘digital heritage’.
The Dutch Royal Library of the Netherlands (De Koninklijke Bibliotheek) The Hague has preserved the website www.carryvandelft.nl as ‘digital heritage”. This means that the website will be archived on a monthly basis and be kept for long term purposes. As a result people will still have access to this site over 100 years. This means a recognition on the quality and contents of this website. The Charter of Preservation of Digital Heritage 2003 draws the attention to the risk of loss which digital heritage is exposed to due to the rapid obsolence of hard and software. For this reason they archive websites that are representative for the dutch culture, history and society.